Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Start of The Shelf

So the reason I'm starting this blog is because I'm bored. But mostly because there are many things I like, for example, books (readingOMG!), movies (not just the one from my time), comics (yup), and other things from "geek culture." I put that term in quotes because I fucking hate it, it's stupid and doesn't make sense, it's a fucking passing phase that I'm sure will die off soon, but not soon enough.

Anyway, because of all the things I like, I rarely have anyone to talk to them about. When I mean talk I mean something other than "that was fucking awesome" or "that blows." Something meaningful is what I'm trying to get at. Messageboards are cool and all but even them it's just the same responds "Really good!/SUX ASS." So I'm going to use this blog as an outlet for when I can't write my own stories and post about movies, tv shows, books, comics, and other stuff I've seen, read, or listened to and whoever, if anyone wants to, can comment and hopefully try some of the stuff I talk about. I will also gladly take any recommendations that anyone gives me because how can you get into anything new if someone doesn't tell you about it.

I'll probably be making many posts around this time (4:16 am right now) because I don't really sleep much at night.

I've seen a couple of movies this weekend that I'll talk about (The 4th Kind and Jennifer's Body) and I'm at the tail end of finishing a GN (Graphic Novel, Batman City of Crime, by David Lapham.) These aren't going to be review type posts just what I think, not too deep of an analyzation but we'll see where the writing takes me.

If you're into this sort of thing I hope you like what I have to say, or even better disagree with me and I'll do something the internet isn't known for, I'll listen to you (OMG) and not belittle your opinion (too much, :D)

Last thing before I finish, I want give a little credit to the inspiration of this blog. Max, Shawn, Pat, Evan, you guys are awesome and thanks for showing me an outlet so I can share the things I love with people who might also be into it.

Peace Out!